Pics please --- IVORY vs BLACK lacquer trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between the two trims on a Fuji White.

Does anyone out there have pics or videos of the grand ivory lacquer trim with ebony seats. I found this video of the black lacquer but think ivory accents w/ Fuji White will look great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AzebPag-M

I think the IVORY will match the headliner but not sure. Don't want to get a cream trim panel that mismatches the headliner and looks weird against the pure white of Fuji.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I think it's silly they don't offer a black headliner. The white gets dirty if you offroad it or have kids with dirty fingers.

Go with black lacquer. Nice contrast with the white

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found this pic, wish someone out there has real world photos / experience with this trim color and can share opinions.

Looks like it's an offwhite to match headliner and ivory seats. Unlike the black lacquer, they don't put the trim on steering wheel with the ivory.

L319_14_INT_STU01_Grand_Ivory.1.jpg

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I've owned ivory/cream colored seats. They don't stay clean for long. After year 3 you'll see slight discoloration especially if you wear blue jeans. I personally feel the LR4 should not have light colored seats. It's meant to look rugged and I think when people put light colored seats in them I turns it into a Soccer moms car which they probably would not buy that color knowing the kids will trash it. However that color looks great and fits well in the new RR. :)

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the black lacquer scratches. I like it but scratches.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate my black laquer trim. I will swap for anyone's wood trim in a heartbeat! As pointed out, it shows every tiny little spec of dust. I live in the desert, so this takes all of 0.5 seconds after detailing to look blemished. The first 0.5 seconds while it's pristine looks immaculate!

Fingerprints are also an issue. I find that I rest my hand on that trim piece below the touchscreen interface to make inputs. Again, instantly looks blemished after that.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the wood trim, but the loaner I drove had the black lacquer trim and I hated it. You can see every possible spec of dust, fingerprint, and blemish.

I think the white would do well, though the wood is classic and hides everything.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's LR2 has the black lacquer trim and it is a CSI dream come true. You can see everything, dust, scratches and specially finger prints. It's a pain if you have ADD/OCD/ABC symptoms like I do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM