Pics please --- IVORY vs BLACK lacquer trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
You've all convinced me to not get the black lacquer even though it looks the best. :-/

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both piano black (Range Rover supercharged) and black lacquer, and they both look indistinguishable from glossy black plastic to me. I don't care for them. I've never seen a black tree, why do I want black wood in my car. I'd rather have carbon fiber, machined aluminum, or wood that actually looks like wood.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I've had both piano black (Range Rover supercharged) and black lacquer, and they both look indistinguishable from glossy black plastic to me. I don't care for them. I've never seen a black tree, why do I want black wood in my car. I'd rather have carbon fiber, machined aluminum, or wood that actually looks like wood.

Good point

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I do agree with this. It looks like shiny black plastic. When it's immaculately clean, it does give a good contrast overall. The problem, as pointed out many times in this thread, is that 99% of the time it doesnt look clean at all.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I do agree with this. It looks like shiny black plastic. When it's immaculately clean, it does give a good contrast overall. The problem, as pointed out many times in this thread, is that 99% of the time it doesnt look clean at all.

Do you have pics of your 2013 we can checkout? That looks like a nice setup

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didnt come with black pack, actually. I purchased the parts to retro-fit it. In fact, the truck is in for 12 month servicing today and I am also having them replace the front "Land Rover" lettering with black and completely debadging the rear and replacing the "LR4" with black "Discovery 4" lettering.

It is FAR cheaper to buy the black pack up front! (I didn't want to wait months for a special order)

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found real photos of the ivory (see attached). I prefer the grand black lacquer over the ivory, but thanks to all the feedback here on scratch/dirt resistance of the black, I am likely changing my order to the standard walnut trim finish.

Attachments

• grand_ivory.jpg
    grand_ivory.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 36
  • grand_ivory_int.jpg
    grand_ivory_int.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 38

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have black lacquer with ebony interior and I love it.
As I don't touch it much, there's very little dust deposit (and no fingerprints). Except a little by the terrain response knob.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635