Potential buyer - leather stain question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ucla95

Reaction score
between my wife and the 2 girls with their fancy super dark dyed jeans, it does stain the seat. Also, beware of wearing leather jackets. Oil from a dark jacket will transfer to the seats. .

This is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm ordering black interior. Thank you!!

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm ordering black interior. Thank you!!

No problem. I went through the same thought process. I was almost at the point of going with silver and black just to be safe knowing how I am, and that my wife would be using it. In the end I'm very happy with the color combo, even though I find myself spending some time keeping it clean. Also, since 2001 I've bought 7 cars and ordered them all with black int. So I think I was due for a change.

My advice, well is mine. Others may disagree, so base your descision on what you want and weigh the pros and cons. If I was to go back to the day I purchased, knowing the time invested in keeping it clean after owning the LR for 8 months now, I would still get the almond. It just looks so nice, and as my wife says "rich looking". Good luck!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ucla95,

I definitely recommend the black interior. I have the tan interior as a change from my previous 3 black-interior cars, but I almost wish I got black. However, even the tan is very durable and my seats are like brand new. Like I said, my ONLY problem was that I wore a dark brown everyday in the warm weather and did not realize it made a tiny brown mark on the lower back part of the seat. I have tried to get it out, but only a faint stain remains. It is working itself out though and now I avoid it. I don't ever wear jeans, so that's not a problem.

Best of luck - we are all excited for your new LR4!

PS

Do you live in CA? I am in the SF Bay area, but relocated out here about 4 years ago.

Regards, David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99