Powder Coated My Wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had my stock wheels powder coated black matte with a 30% satin. The place did an AMAZING job and worked with a neighboring tire place to do everything in one day. It was very reasonable and I am thrilled with the results. The pictures below are not the best quality, but in person it looks fantastic. The wheels with the slight satin shine match my new black side vents (stock) perfectly, as well as the black trim.

Please excuse the lack of center caps, I ordered some black ones from the UK and they will arrive next week. THOUGH, I may keep my stock ones and just paint them as I like the green logo in the middle. I am going to see what they look like - maybe I will post it and let you guys vote too!

Next up... I plan to paint my grill black - just the silver part not the body part. It's going to look awesome!

More pictures soon - later when the sun goes down a bit....

wheel2.jpg

Wheel1-1.jpg

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! So now you are not selling the side vents? Dumb question, how aare the lugnuts going to look after the first tire rotation? Will they scratch or peel easily? Can you please take a pic of the front side? I heard a rumor that LR Forum is going to start a collection to get you a high resolution camera! Looks nice. I am getting bad thoughts everytime i see those black wheels!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! So now you are not selling the side vents? Dumb question, how aare the lugnuts going to look after the first tire rotation? Will they scratch or peel easily? Can you please take a pic of the front side? I heard a rumor that LR Forum is going to start a collection to get you a high resolution camera! Looks nice. I am getting bad thoughts everytime i see those black wheels!
Hey horacioad,

I am not selling my new black side vents, but I might sell my old silver ones. I think the lug nuts will be fine, this powder coating is very strong. In fact, the powder coating shop coated each lug nut separately and then I watched the tire shop mount the tires and screw them on and they are fine.... no scratches or anything. I am sorry for all the bad pictures, but I promise a few better pics - when you say front side, what do you mean? I still need to paint my grill - will be doing that hopefully next weekend.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very very nice. I would love to do it, but I know I won't be keeping my LR4 after the lease is up. Maybe I'll get the black edition next time. Gorgeous! Well done!

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Finlay: fender , wheel & bumper shot. I am thinking about doing that to mine. You are a bad influence with those black wheels. I didn't realized that the powder coating will work for the lugnuts. Under the impression that you had to buy black ones. But that also anwers my next question of how to make sure the colors match. Your truck looks better and better every day!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Finlay: fender , wheel & bumper shot. I am thinking about doing that to mine. You are a bad influence with those black wheels. I didn't realized that the powder coating will work for the lugnuts. Under the impression that you had to buy black ones. But that also anwers my next question of how to make sure the colors match. Your truck looks better and better every day!
Hey horacioad,

I promise I'll take those pictures tomorrow for you.... I HIGHLY recommend the modification, it's absolutely great on the truck with the stock wheels.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
I got a great deal via a LR club referral - only $300.00!!! Awesome deal and the guy was top notch.

A few hundred is fine since I will have the truck another year, more than that I'm not spending.....

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a great deal via a LR club referral - only $300.00!!! Awesome deal and the guy was top notch.

A few hundred is fine since I will have the truck another year, more than that I'm not spending.....

$75/wheel is not a bad deal!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM