pre-purchase questions (stereo + paint)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jbo

Hi, I'm new. I am about to buy a 4.6 97 RR, and I have a couple questions.

I've seen a few RRs on cardomain with the grey plastic trim color-matched to the body color. Has anyone here done this? If so, what kind of painting method did your shop use and how much did it cost?

Also, how hard is it to install an aftermarket cd player? I have installed cd players before in cars that had normal DIN slots (Eclipse, TL, Mustang, etc.), but the RR looks a little more complicated. Are there dash kits avaliable?

Thanks in advance.

Jessica

30thAniversary

you're probably going to have to re-wire the whole truck for the stereo....thats what i had to do in my benz

bigbris1

Reaction score
As far as the trim moldings, I have successfully painted the black (over time they turn grey) moldings on my BMW Convertible with a trim paint bought at Autozone for about $5. The stuff works great. Gets the black & looking like new but not too shiny. As soon as the weather breaks here in New York I will do the same on my Rangie as I still have half a can left.

As for the CD player, I assume you want to add an in-dash CD player. You should be able to buy a plug & play wiring harness adapter for any aftermarket head unit & some places even supply the blanks to fill the "extra space" you'll have on either side of the head unit. Look for a woodgrain radio surround on ebay to make it look stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4