Radio Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejmark

Reaction score
I got into my 2007 LR 3 with 40,050 miles this past Saturday January 30,2010 , started up and began to drive noticed radio was not playing but station setting for selection 4 92,5 FM showed on display turned up volume nothing, swithed to Cd nothing Cd would not play, but could fast forward but could not stop fast forward, Turned off power and turned back on, still no sound, tried to change radio station but the preset buttons would not respond. Continued to turn radio off and on but nothing, although preset selection 4 and the radio @ 92.5 FM continued to show on display.
Upon arriving home turned LR3 off then back on and the radio and cd player worked fine it was 18 degrees out but I do not think that was the problem. Anyone have any ideas I called the dealer and they were not any help did not have any suggestions as to what may have caused issue.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thought is how old is your truck and have you ever changed the battery? Battery can be the source of many electrical gremlins when its cold.

ejmark

Reaction score
it is a 2007 with 40050 miles and battery appears to be strong starts no problem on the coldest of days here in the north

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck will also pull juice from non essential components in order to turn the engine over. It might turn over strong, but its pulling power from less important things to do so. Thats why people report a number of various faults and gremlins popping up when its time for a new battery. If you drive it to the dealer or autozone to have them check it out it will be warmed up and recently charged and possibly even test out fine.

Then again it might just be really cold electronics acting like really cold electronics.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same radio issues with my 2005 LR3 the radio was working fine but when I changed the battery my radio doesn't work it turns on but now sound. Help! I need somebody? and tricks to this?

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same radio issues with my 2005 LR3 the radio was working fine but when I changed the battery my radio doesn't work it turns on but now sound. Help! I need somebody? and tricks to this?

Might be something in the manual about that.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay thanks i will check that it just seems that it's something to do with the programming the radio because I get power to the radio just no sound which is strange.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you disconnect a battery there is all kinds of stuff you have to reset.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the radio is one of those things you have to reset? That is what I figured because in my car if I jump start or change the battery the radio has to be reset as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4