Range Rover Cracked Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zanyd

Reaction score
I have had this 2016 Range Rover supercharged since 2020, my husband drove it off the lot in 2017 and he barely drove it for the first few years. After I took it over in the last year I have had to replace the winshield at least 3 times. Each time its some kind of crack that happens. I do a lot of freeway driving (about 60 to 80 miles a day) and yes I have little chips here and there but I have done the same driving in a Lexus GS350 before for over a year and had to replace the windshield on that car only once and it wasn't even from that part of the drive. I had that car for 5 years. This will be the 3rd windshield I have had to get and I literally had one replace at the end of May also. I have never had a car have this many problems with a windshield and I'm actually contemplating going to something else? It just seems so unnatural like its a structural problem with that windshield itself? Has anyone else had this same issue??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been several people complaining about rover windsheild, but it could also be that it is more vertical than some vehicles. I have a 2008 RRS with 115k miles and it is on its first windshield. That isn't to say that it is not a Rover issue. Just mentioning it.

DGKari

Reaction score
I've had same probs w 2016 Evoque, 34K miles. Definitely a structural defect, according to those in the know...

The carcomplaints site lists MULTIPLE complaints to NHTSA and technical service bulletins.

JLR corp fails to acknowledge the pervasive problem...usually will only offer one replacement for the initial TSB, despite owners' continuous windshield failures :rolleyes:

The Rover

Reaction score
I have had this 2016 Range Rover supercharged since 2020, my husband drove it off the lot in 2017 and he barely drove it for the first few years. After I took it over in the last year I have had to replace the winshield at least 3 times. Each time its some kind of crack that happens. I do a lot of freeway driving (about 60 to 80 miles a day) and yes I have little chips here and there but I have done the same driving in a Lexus GS350 before for over a year and had to replace the windshield on that car only once and it wasn't even from that part of the drive. I had that car for 5 years. This will be the 3rd windshield I have had to get and I literally had one replace at the end of May also. I have never had a car have this many problems with a windshield and I'm actually contemplating going to something else? It just seems so unnatural like its a structural problem with that windshield itself? Has anyone else had this same issue??
I had one a few months ago on our 2013 LR4 after 160k miles. Not happy.

Then, out of the blue today, our 2019 Range Rover developed the almost identical crack. Neither were caused by any impact. Is there a TSB? A manufacturer awareness by Pilkington or LR?

Odile

Reaction score
I’m on my third replacement windshield on my 2019 supercharged Range Rover. As others have said, I have had many Mercedes over the years, and never had to replace a windshield. The latest crack is the worst of all, extending to both the driver’s and passenger’s side of the car. It’s like an arc over the entire windshield. To top it off, the windshield is almost brand new, having been replaced in late November from the second break, so two months old. I love the car, but this is getting to be a deal breaker for me. I don’t even drive an excessive amount, although all breaks have happened on the freeway. I really think JLR needs to pay attention to this problem, as it’s a colossal problem waste of resources and time. I hope all these windshields are at least being recycled!!??

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that there are a lot of new Defender's with the same issue. It is a shame, and exactly why I bought a Sequoia over a Landrover. My LR3, and for that matter every Landrover I've owned needed constant attention and I didn't want something as a travel vehicle that would need attention. I should mention my blood runs green, Landrover is my favorite brand but practicality took precedence in 2019 and the Sequoia was the last 2019 on the lot so I got $10k off sticker. Now they're adding $10k to the stickers. I guess my advice it that as long as they're fixing the windshields under warranty and giving you a loaner when your truck is in the shop I would stay with it.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to that my wife's boss has a cracked windshieled in is RR, I think it's a 2020 and the dealer told him they couldn't get windshields anyway and he has 3400 miles left on the warranty. Nice...

Manny1969

Reaction score
Hello there, I’m new here and looking for help.
I have a 2005 HSE Range Rover I’m Guatemala, I keep my SUV in good shape but the hills roads there are pretty stiff and I recently noticed the truck is loosing power going up hill dramatically, the Gad pedal is all the way to the metal and the car is not responding, once we get to the top it accelerates but it still has problems to respond to my applying the gas. It does run good in any other terrain but the hills is where it’s having the issue. Any ideas in how to resolve suck problem???

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace 2 on my LR4 in 6 months recently. Both were rock chips but the second was barely something that should have cracked it. The second installer had worked at a LR/Aston Martin dealer in the past replacing windshields. He flat out told me that the Pilkington (OEM) brand is very fragile and would not recommend it. The non-OEM they put on has smaller heater coil lines and has been better visibility. I would suggest avoiding Pilkington on all the rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA