range rover fuel guage problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

holly

I have just brought a 91' classic 3.9 vouge se, the problem is the fuel guage dosent work! and no matter how much fuel added the light stays illuminated and the guage doesnt move!
Is this the sender in the tank or a problem at the dash board end???
and do you have to remove the fuel tank to replace the sender and float???
i would be gratefull for any help!!
thanks for taking the time to read this!!

95Classic

Hi Holly, I have a 95 Classic, and I had a similar problem, but mine was associated with a bad alternator. I was told by the dealership that if the battery gets too low, the gauges all stop working. however if your battery and alternator are fine, then there may be another problem. I hope this didn't confuse you further, but that is what I have encountered in the past.

Eric

H

holly

thanks i will check out the ALTERNATOR and the battary charge!
scott

D

disco1

If you find the battery charge low, it could simply be you need to change the regulator in the alternator. This is a very simple task which requires undoing 2 screws, pulling the old reg out and putting the new one in.

D

discomike

Holly,
You are going to need to test both the sender and the guage to see if they have power and or sending or receiving a signal.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo