Rocky Mountain summertime trails.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of rods on my counter, seem pretty easy to install. I havent taken my lr3 on any complicated trails just yet. Although I do believe in its capabilities, it seems like I get the "you dont want to take that truck there" vibe from a number of people. I am rolling on Hankook Dynapro ATM Tires which have been getting good reviews.

I am also a member of Solihull Society, I just joined. Im just trying to get some wheeling in so let me know when you guys are heading out somewhere. Im pretty eager to try a few more challenging trails. Im in the Army and I am a tank crewmember, so I am pretty familiar with using ground guides and spotters in tight situations lol. I will be away for the rest of the month of April though.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul,

Didn't know you were on this forum. Good to hear from you. We'll have to do a couple trails once the snow clears out a little more. That last run of the year at Jenny Creek was fun, but I found out after that I crushed my right exhaust pipe like a pancake.

May is probably good timing for the front range trails, so maybe Panzer would like to join us. We'll have to ping Kelby as well.

Later.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that was you, Matt...haha. I try to make my rounds to all of the forums, hunting for parts and people to wheel with. That run at Jenny Creek was definitely a good time, sorry to hear about the exhaust...I currently still have a basketball sized dent in my fuel tank. I'm absolutely ready for some trails, so we should plan something out...also thinking about a Moab trip sometime soon if you would be interested in that.

-Paul

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would for sure. We have a new baby, so time for overnights is a little tight until my wife is off for the summer. I could probably do Moab in July or August. Until then, weekend day trips are cool. I would say the trails will be ready to run in a couple weeks. There is still a lot of snow on the trails right now.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some family that lives in Boulder, I could stay a night with them if there is a trail in that area that requires an early start. Its not really that far of a drive from Colorado Springs.

Anyways I am interested, Ill be away for most of April but back at the beginning of May. Once im back most weekends will be good for me.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to join in the party as well! With the recent storm the mountains had I bet it will add a few weeks before the snow is melted on most for the trails. Sand Dunes is always a good time!
Day trips west of Denver or along 285 are good! Georgia Pass is always excellent! I did that one last fall. Would have to watch how much snow is left up top. I have yet to have the guts to try Red Cone pass! Anyone her try Red Cone?

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey RvDUB,

I think myself and one of the other Solihull Society guys are going to try to head down to Metbury Gulch tomorrow (4/9) sometime, if you are interested. Let me know!

Here's a link to the trail description: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=209

-Paul

Last edited:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great trail! Thanks for the invite! I have been trying to get outta work tomorrow but I just had another client call and reschedule tomorrow. :mad: Ohhh well I gotta make the hey while the sun shines! I WILL get on the trails with you guys soon!

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to join in the party as well! With the recent storm the mountains had I bet it will add a few weeks before the snow is melted on most for the trails. Sand Dunes is always a good time!
Day trips west of Denver or along 285 are good! Georgia Pass is always excellent! I did that one last fall. Would have to watch how much snow is left up top. I have yet to have the guts to try Red Cone pass! Anyone her try Red Cone?

I just realized I said Georgia Pass and not Webster pass! Dohhhhhhhh

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back from Army training in Louisiana. Most weekends in May are good for me if you guys want to put something together.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut