Rover noob needs advice please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually 94-95 got only 2 of them sensors. Muhahahaha

D

discomike

No definately not weird.
There are so few woman who love to wheel much less have great amounts of knowledge and experience to back it up.
Keep up the good work.
Mike J.

W

w00ht

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but its been a really busy week.

I have started to look at some of the certified pre owned disco II's and have seemed to notice that all of the trucks that I have driven exhibit a good bit of gear noise. This initially set of a warning in the back of my mind, but after driving a certified truck with 27,000 miles on it the salesman said they all make a bit of noise. Is this true? Looking back on it that makes a lot of sense due to the full time system and the drive train. I mean it's not the sound a failing rear end makes but it's still definitely gear noise that increases pitch with speed.

Also has any one added rear jump seats to a series II? I have seen them on one of the rover parts web sites, but $500 bucks a shot just seems high. anyone have any better sources. This is important to me as I am looking for a 7 model, and will definitely want to add the seats if I find a good deal on a model without them.

Again thanks all.

D

discomike

Scott,
Welcome to the club of slight noises and oil leaks. I am really kidding, in away, all vehicles have their unique quirks and you have hit on the Rovers early. That dosen't mean they are not a great truck, because they are.
As the the question of the jump seats, find a used truck that has them as an option, you do't reaally want to attemp the switch over.
If you have a dealer near you check with them and let them know what you want. You might also go on the web, on ome of the auto malls and find one.
Good luck, and enjoy whatever you find.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott - yeah they are noisy beasts :) Scary at start, but there is easy cure to silence them quite a lot - swapping gear oil with Lucas Oil Stabilizer or gear oil (they are eventually same). And some in T-case - would help a lot.
Still would whine in low range though (and how i know? :)).

But with all above - i basically cant hear my Disco at all when riding on speeds under 35 around town (unless deccelerating with gears of course). Have to drop fast looks at instrument panel to make sure truck isnt stalling (it used to...).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM