screwed up my aluminum wheels--used an etching wheel cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

josephs97rr

anyone have any idea what to do? i used an 'ETCHING' wheel cleaner on my wheels...its taken off the clearcoat, the wheels are now constantly FILTHY

HELP HELP HELP I'VE F'D MY RIDE

D

DuoRovers

I have this problem as well but I suspect the dealer caused it last time I was in for service and they detailed the car. I am normally very careful with what I use. I agree, once the clearcoat is gone it's a major pain the get'em clean.

bigbris1

Reaction score
Why don't you respray them with clearcoat then keep them waxed if you're concerned about brake dust/dirt?

J

josephs97rr

I'm thinking of trying to get them powdercoated and clearcoated. i'll post a pic...its amazing how filthy they can get if you use the wrong cleaner...i'm totally embarrassed of what i did to my RR.

I was thinking of going a little nuts with it since they're screwed up anyway. i know range rovers are prone to pimping to begin with...but anyone seen a black rover with stock wheels powdercoated black? am i stupid to consider it?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it. They look good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM