Single click entry option not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bwanajim

The manual states that you can set the LR3 to unlock all doors with a single click by pressing and holding down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. The locks are then supposed to cycle and it's done.

This won't work on my LR3. Apparently, the Range Sport uses the same procedure and I tried it today on the dealer lot. Worked as documented. Anyone else?

Also, today my LR3 dumped all the seat memories....

I'm starting to think that the people who underwrote the extended warranty on this thing are going to lose a bundle of money on my car. This is a very complex and fragile machine.

--Jim
1993 NAS 110 (25/25)
1997 NAS D90 (170)
1997 Camel Discovery TDI (CT44)
2006 LR3 HSE

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they'll be ok that is unless the under wrote the manual....

Program the seats like this -

LR3 Seat Memory w/Key Function

• Set all preset seat positions 1,2 and 3 (at this point do not worry about key function).
• Turn on the lazy entry option using the IP’s settings menu.
• Turn key on and select preset 1 (the one you want to program to this key), once the seat position is reached store preset 1 again. Turn key off and remove from ignition.
• Insert same key and turn back on, press preset 2 or 3 and wait until the seat travels fully to its preset position then press preset 1 again and wait until the seat reaches its full travel position. Turn key off and remove from ignition.
• Test function by pressing unlock one time.

This can all be done with the drivers door open and there is no need to lock and unlock the doors or start the engine.

B

bwanajim

er...I think you misunderstood me, askewed. I had programmed the seats with no problem. We were using them. Then today...all the memories were cleared. I was able to reprogram the seats and they are working again, but I guess they will just dump the settings once in a while at random and I'll learn to live with that, as it's not reproduceable enough for the dealer to fix.

I don't want to use lazy entry as it's a hassle when my wife and I are sharing a key as we always do when traveling together. I just want to push the button for my setting when I get into the car with either key.

The real problem I was having was that I was unable to set the key fob so that ALL doors unlock with a single press. The default settings unlock only the driver door with the first click of the fob, and all others with the second click. I wanted to defeat this, as well as doors locking at 5mph -- both fascist nannyware stuff no doubt imposed by Ford legal.

Anyway, I tried with the other key fob and found that I was able to disable the driver door only unlock with it. So, the problem is simply a defective key fob.

--Jim

L

loizeauc

Just try to fix it in the parameter menu !
Contact on
Press the "i" button till the parameters menu appear then with the wheel button search for the desired menu.
That will fix your 2 request !
Sorry for my english, writing from Europe ;)

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you want Single Point Entry. Unlock the truck with the FOB. Then hold both LOCK and UNLOCK on the FOB until the door locks actuate. That should do it. Repeat as needed. :)

B

bwanajim

Sigh. You guys aren't listening. Single click unlock is enabled/disabled on a per-keyfob basis. It cannot be done on the parameter menu. Yes, I know how to do it with the keyfob.

Turns out I have a defective key fob. I guess Ford hasn't boiled all the Land Rover out of Land Rover.

--Jim

L

loizeauc

hey bwanajim, I'm listening and trying to help you so please listen to me to !!
The parameters in that menu are linked to the last key where the open button were pressed
Regards

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99