Sliders HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

slappy

I have read the forums, and talk to friends. I want sliders and I have heard that Rockware are the best. Any opinions? Are Safari gard any good? What about the ones from L.A. I want the best ones for my truck.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris - they arent best. They are just better than flaky soft steel.

Here is list of places as of my recollection right now:

ExpeditionExchange.com - "Drendought" sliders - hideously expensive
Rovertym - With/without nerf bars - somewhat expensive
Safari Gard - usual sill mounted stuff. Gave birth to Rovertym's according to rumors - hideously expensive
DAP-inc - presumably made by Bearmach. CLaimed to be soft but cheapest.
Slickrockfabrication - claimed to be very good by users. Mid range price
Red rock rovers (Marc and Sam can correct me on name) - claimed to be very good by users (Sam can attest) , Mid range price
NorthWestParts - no comments yet, low range price
Roversnorth - no comments known, high range price to my recollection. Not sure of actual manufacturer
AtlanticBritish - terrain master sliders, rumored to be good, mid range (oddly enough) priced.
4x4ag.com - scorpion racing made, with/without nerf bars - mid range. Rumored to be very good by users.
TrekOutfitters - self made. Hideously priced but rumored to be good.
Aedofab - self made, questionable quality (heard both very good and very bad things of them), high range priced

Rockware - cant remember if they making sliders.

Rovertracks - can make you ones, should be reasonably priced, heard lots of good things of them.

All above seems to be sill mounted. All require drilling. Some has sandwitch design, some not.

Personally i like sliders to be frame mounted :) Havent seen any yet.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dido. Very good advice. You don't need to pay for the "best", as long as they work.

G

Gotrovr

Rovertym sliders offer great lower door panel protection also provide toe step for access to roof rack

R

rovrjnky

I just got a set of slick rock fab sliders on my DI. these things are bullet proof and a very clean, professional design. By far the best sliders out there, IMHO.
Hats off to Dave Lucas at Slick Rock!!

NOTE: You can look at the pic on my profile to see them installed.

D

dave_lucas

Paul,

Glad to hear that you like them!

Now get out and beat them against some rocks like they deserve :driver:

:biggrin:

D

discomike

Chris,
Stay away from Safari Guard completely, they are over priced and I have watch 2 friend bend theirs while out with me and they could'nt open the doors all the way after wards.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99