small oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoCoveII

Reaction score
hello friends,

i have been seeing small puddles of oil gather around my disco when i go somewhere and come back to my car, the other day i got underneath and changed my oil and, it looks like to me the leak is coming from somewhere in between my radiator and front of my engine there are a few hoses there but i just cant tell exactly where its coming from,

i noticed it dripping off my front axel and oil pan, bolts. has anyone else had troubles with a leak from that location, if not does anyone have any good methods as to how i can pin point this annoyance,

preciate ya!.

DiscoCove
2000 DII
80326 mi.

p.s. i have the land rover dealer bulletin for replacing shuttle valve switches in your abs mod. if anyone needs it i can PDF it to you.
.bye for now.

floridarover

Reaction score
One thing I have found out about LR's, if they are not leaking it means that they are out of oil. I would check the oil cooler lines and your front main seal. Both are not hard fixes or expensive. Don't bother buying a new pan gasket, just use RTV. I got that recommendation from a dealer. Good luck.

polar

Reaction score
The oil pump housing in where you stated the leak is comming from.
between front of engine and radiator.

FFNPMcD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean the engine of all oil..Then look for your leak. I have found that leaks can appear to come from many places as gravity works its magic and lets the oil drip down the entire motor, I had a problem with my rocker cover gaskets all I needed to was tighten down the cylinder heads.
Welcome to the first of MANY small oil leaks… 

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I would not trust a Disco that does not leak oil at a decent, respectable and relatively conservative rate; it's all part of the patented LR undercarriage rust-proofing program! But if you really must insist on ruining part of the LR mystique - check your oil-cooler lines.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I would not trust a Disco that does not leak oil at a decent, respectable and relatively conservative rate; it's all part of the patented LR undercarriage rust-proofing program! But if you really must insist on ruining part of the LR mystique - check your oil-cooler lines.

Perfect response......... lol

Chongo
:bandit:

toecutter

Reaction score
mine is leaking there also,but appears to be coming from a sensor above thre oil pump.what is that sensor...oil pressure

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rovers Don't Leak THEY MARK THERE TERRITORY! If it's not marking it's territory then it ain't a Rover!

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rovers Don't Leak THEY MARK THERE TERRITORY! If it's not marking it's territory then it ain't a Rover!

Well said! And mine has staked-out quite a bit of territory to date!

Wolf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM