Snow chains recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoavDana Raz

Reaction score
When conditions are truly nasty there is no substitute for studded tires. OP is in Israel so that may be overkill lol. If I was him I would just take the day off until the snow melts away the next day...
I truly agree
But there are always those how don’t listen and think they are smart.
Thanks

FrenchDisco

Reaction score
Most tires are marked with m+s for mud and snow rated tires. The LR4 is full time 4x4 and in California we have R1-R3 snow conditions. Chains are required for all vehicles in R3 conditions. 4x4 with snow rated tires are ok for R1 and R2 conditions. If you're truly concerned, get snow tires or 3mpsf tires. They are rated specifically for the snow.

I have bfg ko2s, which satisfies snow conditions, normal driving and off road. There are other AT tires with all around benefits.
I’m in this situation, and use Toyo AT iii tires which are 3mpsf rated. But the law says you must carry traction devices at all times, so I have the SCC Super Z Tire Chains for Cars Trucks SUVs ZT741 which are technically cables, but satisfy any light use the chains may or may not ever see. They are super easy to install, which was very important to me.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a set of tire socks. I have to say, they worked surprisingly well, and at least in Oregon qualify as traction devices. You don't want to run them on pavement, but then I'd say the same thing for chains as well.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
I run the RUD Grip 4x4 chains when required over the Washington state passes and in National Parks. Most of the time they're just extra weight, but when it's bad they help considerably.

RUD Grip 4x4 Item 0141

Kerrie

Reaction score
I run the RUD Grip 4x4 chains when required over the Washington state passes and in National Parks. Most of the time they're just extra weight, but when it's bad they help considerably.

RUD Grip 4x4 Item 0141

How easy do these chains go on? I'm running the Nokian Haka's for snow tires, but I'll likely need chains to get up and down my driveway, when the occasion calls. I'm in the upper northwest corner of Montana with a steep and shade covered driveway.

tdarling

Reaction score
I’m in this situation, and use Toyo AT iii tires which are 3mpsf rated. But the law says you must carry traction devices at all times, so I have the SCC Super Z Tire Chains for Cars Trucks SUVs ZT741 which are technically cables, but satisfy any light use the chains may or may not ever see. They are super easy to install, which was very important to me.

Hello French Disco have you used the ZT741 snow chains yet ? If so how did they work and how easy to put on? Thanks
Timothy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi