Snow Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks ... I have a 2003 Disco SE-7 and want to install winter tires this year. I have 18 inch rims with the Geolanders's installed which I want to keep installed.

The question is ... what size "STEEL RIMS" should I use .. 16" or 18" (sized according to owners manual) and what are the recommendations for tires? I have a tendancy to the Hakka's and Nokia's as the Finns are good with their snows ... (I'm an ESTO).

Any help would be appriciated as we do get winter here in "The Great White North" (Ontario, Canada).

Jaak ... damn winter's ******' ... grrrrrr

A

avick

I just put Hankook W300's on in the 18" size. They should wear a bit better and they've been great on ice so far.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use steel rims or went with original rims?

A

avick

I stayed with the aluminum rims. I used to own a rover shop, and I only saw one destroyed aluminum rim in 2 years, and we catered to off roaders. I live in Aspen, CO, and we get plenty of snow.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ... just wanted to store the aluminum rims over winter due to the salt used on our roads.

Do you have a preference for 16 or 18" sttel rims?

M

millermatt2003

Jaak said:
Thanks ... just wanted to store the aluminum rims over winter due to the salt used on our roads.

Do you have a preference for 16 or 18" sttel rims?

Have you actually found 18" steel rims readily available?

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
millermatt2003 said:
Have you actually found 18" steel rims readily available?
Not yet ... just started looking. So far just the 16" steel rims, but am still looking. Mat stick with the 16" as the tire cost will be less; availability issue as wel.

A

avick

I don't think you're going to find 18" steelies. I'd certainly go with 16's for the reasons you mention.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635