Suspension cling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xcursion

Just picked up my 2006 LR3 HSE and I was thrilled by its comfort, along with all the gizmo and gadgets. But I was surprised that a problem surfaced just 2 days into my ownership.

I've noticed a metal "cling" coming from the front suspension area when I turn the wheel all the way to lock and move at a slow speed (ie while parking) I've contacted the dealership and they said it is a "common issue" with this model and advise me "not to turn the steering wheel all the way" (what a joke) But I cannot find a thread with the same problem.

Can anyone comment or has experience similar problems? I appreicate any help.

Happy off-roading,

Xcursion

T

toddjb123

I had something happen like that after 7000 miles or so. I waited until my 7500 mile checkup because it was a rare event. They said they tightened up some components in my steering linkage (or something like that). Anyway...loose parts was the culprit. Doesn't happen any more. Just hope those parts didn't wear anything while they were loose!

Like you it was only at slow speed parking and such.

-todd

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lie (I now assume all answers from LR are lies) was a grease fitting needed to be better packed.

I may start a new trend where I insert "lie" for "answer" whenever I pass on info from my dealer.

J

JC0976

I experienced the "metallic clang" just once so far during angled slot parking manuever from the opposite side of the street at 200 odo miles. The wheel was in full left lock. Didn't think much about after that but now you guys have me thinking...

So far loving it! Bring on the snow!!!

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering end stop needs some lubrication more than likely.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM