Suspension Fault Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradpinkston

Reaction score
I purchased a 2010 LR4 two months ago. The car is actually my wife. The gremlins have just started popping up. I'm having an issue with the EAS.

On a few occasions there have been suspension faults. I haven't pulled any of the codes, but I think I've found the issue. I wanted to see if I could get some validation from the forum here.

Last few times I've seen the suspension fault occur, I've made sure to look at the 4x4 Info screen. Every time the same wheel is shown dropped way below the other three. My assumption is that this is showing me I have a bad sensor.

I'm pretty sure the tank and pump are fine because the car raises and lowers fine before the fault occurs.

Thoughts?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the combination of suspension fault, ABS fault & HDC fault, it's probably a bad brake light switch. It's a $35 part and pretty easy to install. Atlantic British even sells it for less and they have a video on how to install it. Or do a search on the LR3 forum, most of us have changed out our brake light switches by now.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car is actually my wife.

I admire your level of commitment to Land Rover. Thats a true fan right there.

If I had to guess, I would say its the faulty height sensor.

The dealer should just fix this under warranty, whatever it is.

Let us know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4