Terrain Response Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im taking apart the floor console to run my aux input up to the dash area. Ive got the upper panel up, but i cannot get the plug from the back of the terrain response instruments for the life off me. Im being careful not to gum up the plug, but i cannot get this thing free, is there a simple way to get these types of plugs free that i just dont know about? hoping not to destroy the thing

thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 72

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, have not taken it apart, but I would expect to find a plastic release clip built into the plug, which you may have to push in on the plug to get it to release. It looks like there may be other cable disconnects possibly. Could not find anything specific in the manual, except that all the cables are fastened up with torx screws, and the plugs should have a release.

If you could avoid taking out more than needed, it would be best.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i didnt need it to be all the way off to run the cord like i wanted to. would have been nice to get it out and clean it off well. as i dug things open, i discovered the previous owner liked to spill soda all over the place. who knows on the plug though, i couldnt figure out any sort of latch mechanism.

jeremyderek

Reaction score
I just pulled mine and my wife's apart a few days ago to fix both of our ashtrays. I was able to remove the plug in question easily from both of ours, so I really didn't pay much attention to what I was doing. It does for sure have the little push tab that needs to be pressed to release it. I believe it was positioned so that it will be on the top of the plug as you have it pictured above. You just press it in and pull the plug out.

I wander if some of that soda found its way into the plug and "glued" it together?

Normally, it removes just like the other plug that you've already removed from the parking brake.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, that may be the case. however all the terrain response works fine...maybe i just figure out the plug. good to know yours wasnt an issue thought, i look a bit more closely next time im in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo