the true costs of running lift rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the IIDTool you don't need the lift rods at all. You can create up to three new EAS settings, higher or lower than stock.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the IIDTool you don't need the lift rods at all. You can create up to three new EAS settings, higher or lower than stock.
This isn’t totally true. The iid tool will only allow you to adjust up a certain amount. Depending on your sensor calibration it may be as little as 10mm. What I have done is use adjustable rods then recalibrate the ride height down to the normal stock level. This keeps the cv joints straighter for everyday driving. With the new calibration numbers lower I can then use the iid tool to raise the vehicle up to 70mm at normal height and then go another 50 in off road height. If I wanted I can run with the bags and struts fully extended without faults, this by the way is a very bumpy ride even at 2mph. I run 265/65 r18 Nitto Exo Grappler awt tires at 32”. With my setup though, I can get about 14.75” clearance through the center.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true; I forgot about that variability from VIN to VIN. I am lucky in that I easily found a sweet spot where I don't get any rubbing with my tires yet I can go into Extended Height still and not get out-of-range faults.

I only use that when off-road; otherwise I'm in stock heights.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635