Tow Hitch Receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a tow hitch receiver for a 2011 LR4 other than the dealer? Seems ridiculous that they give you the hitch on the LR, but make you spend $500 on the receiver.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need just the hitch or the electronics too?

I bought mine from a dealer that advertised nationally. Got it for about $340 shipped.

I've seen them from other dealers for cheaper. Just make sure you get the generation3 version. It doesn't hang as low as the first and second generations.

Rob

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
If there is a wiring harness I would need that to. What dealer did you buy from?

mrtp4

Reaction score
Tow Assist

I had my hitch electrics installed at the dealer. When I got it back there were still no Tow Assist features available on the screen. The dealer could not figure this out, but after a few weeks agreed that they needed to do some computer update to enable the Tow Assist features. Now it works fine.

I have seen other posts where people installed their own tow electrics, but the dealer still has to update the car configuration file in the truck's computer to enable the Tow Assist features, and they charge around $50 (?) to do it. Just something to keep in mind.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was in the same boat you are trying to get the tow hitch added....out the door cost with labor at dealer here was over $700.
No other tow store could order the parts themselves for whatever reason.
So, needless to say, i have no tow as of now.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered my parts from a guy that works at a dealership on the east coase. I can send you a PM with the guys contact information if you would like. He sent me all the floor mats (3 rows) the electronics and the hitch for $777.

The electonics are fairly easy to install, I did mine in about 45 minutes. But the dealer will have to turn on a few things like tow assist if you want all the bells and whistles to work. My dealer wanted to charge me $145 just to program the LR4 CCF to see that it had the two electonics.

Rob

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dealer charged $75 to enable the feature in CCF... looks like I got a deal. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635