Trunk/ Tailgate Wont Open PLZ HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodnar

Reaction score
Well I hope someone has some advice for me. I lent my LR3 out and my uncle returns it to me with no real explanation but that the tailgate will not open. I tried pulling and pushing etc.. I can hear the locking mechanism turning over however it must not be touching the release. I am handy, just dont want to break anything as I am about to sell of a new one. its an 05'. If anyone knows or has a DIY posted on removing the panels from inside the truck to get to the lock so I can manually open it and then rig it myself that would so greatly appreciated. I will send you a coke as thanx haha

TRD4ME

Reaction score
The burr at the end of the actuator cable has likely broken off. There is an electonic actuator with a cable that opens the latch. They break off where the cable meets the actuator. You will have to remove the inner liftgait panel and remove the water shedder and open the gait manualy to replace the actuator. It will be difficult to do without breaking interior trim panels. Parts required will likely be an actuator and a water shedder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM