unimog axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toecutter

Reaction score
has any one ever put unimog axles under a disco 1. will the drive shafts line up ect. i thought i could get a pair and run 38's and have the correct gearing plus they have air lockers already.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uni........ ???????

The UNIMOG Principle
Unimog stands for “Universal-Motorgerät” which roughly translated means “universal motorized implement machine”.
Unimogs are multipurpose, all-terrain, utility vehicles built by Mercedes-Benz. In addition to extreme off-road capabilities, they are designed to be operated in some of the harshest conditions in the world. Unimogs are widely recognized as the most capable off-road vehicles in the world.

The term "Unimog" is a general term that applies to many different vehicles in the same way that "Jeep" or "Land-Rover " refers to a wide range of vehicles. A 1950's CJ is a very different vehicle than a 1990's Grand Cherokee but the are both “Jeeps.”

Although Unimog models differ greatly in many respects, all Unimogs incorporate the same design principle that make them such extraordinary vehicles. This principle is the combination of low gearing, torque tube suspension with coil springs, and portal axles with differential locks combined with a very strong chassis that allows for a high degree of flex. The result is an extremely versatile and capable vehicle which can be used in a wide variety of roles, from a tractor to an expedition vehicle.

All I have to say is you’ll have your work cut out for yourself.

Best wishes ……………………….. Chongo
:bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72