Whats the best place to get a trailer hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sssergsss

Reaction score
Guys,
I want to install a bike rack on my LR3 bit I guess I need a trailer hitch before I can do this. Does anyone know where the best place is to buy these? The dealer has the hitch I think for $350.

Thanks.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take 1/2 of that $350 and buy a nice yakima roof rack?
Otherwise, you might find a slightly cheaper LR hitch on ebay, but I believe there are no non OEM hitches available at this point. If you are only using it for your bikes, at least you won't have to buy the $100 wiring harness ;)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep shopping, and call on some of the dealers, many are willing to negotiate to make the sale.

S

schafari

I just saw a hitch on eBay. I did a search on Land Rover LR3. The hitch is really quite cool and works very well. Be sure you look in the storage area prior to purchasing, as there has been more than one very happy and surprised LR3 owners that found out they actually already had the hitch.

qwertmonkey

Reaction score
schafari, where exactly is this "storage compartment?" I was about to go buy one, but I don't want to if I already have one!

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Qwertmonkey, this is a space on the lef back panel, this has been posted on other threads and you can see a diagram here: Land Rover Forums > Technical Discussions > LR3
Land Tow Receiver Kit

Try "hitch storage" or something similar and you should be able to get more information.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99