Wheel Arch paint protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I jumped from the LR3 to the LR4 I initially didn't like the painted arches, but now they have grown on me and I like the look.

The good thing about the old plastic arches, though, was they were great protectors of door dings/scratches in parking areas. I also used them to lean gear when I was packing/unpacking the truck for an adventure. Protected the body paint.

Has anyone done anything to protect the arches?

When I was getting my front windows tinted I asked about putting paint protection on them. Since it was custom a custom job (no templates available for laser cut), and he said he'd have to remove the arches to do a proper install, it was around $180/arch. I want to protect them...but not for $800.

Liftgate/roof protection - One other question. On my LR3, over the years the top of the lift gate got it's share of scratches and scuffs on it from loading gear on and off the rack. Same question. I wonder if anyone thought of a good protection for that area short of putting a floor mat up there any time I load/unload.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just wait until the arches have too much character and then have them repainted. Good chance if you get trail damage it could crack or bust one anyway, so save the budget for replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM