window lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

Freeflytim

Once you point it out to passangers it drives them nuts! Then I descretly hit their butt warmer and in a couple of minutes they are *really* getting uncomfortable.

Z

zig

It is like the horizontal stabilizing wires on Sony Trinitron tube (television or computer monitor) that result in one or more horizontal lines. If you look for them and find them then it is difficult not focus on them. It is the same with the windscreen wires. But eventually most people will forget that they are there.

K

KTMLC8

Same here. Thought it was a cool option till all I saw was those wires while driving. At night it seemed to cause a weird effect even. After about a month I forgot they were there. First time I had to use them for a defrost I quickly determined that I would not do without them again.

F

fbaer

They are great in winter here in Minnesota, and I ignore them. I was a bit worried about them at first too.

C

Colt45

The lines don't bother me. - - - Think I'm gonna enjoy them when the winter hits and I'm driving over mountain passes and in heavy snow country. - - What's gonna be 'interesting' is when the inevitable rock chips occur and I eventually need to replace the windshield (hopefully that won't be for several winter seasons) - - Am curious about how much time/money its gonna take for a replacement. - - -

R

roverdawg

Colt45 said:
Am curious about how much time/money its gonna take for a replacement. - - -

Had mine replaced (HSE). A heated, rain sensor, LR3 windshield cost me $713 + tax to have installed. Took a little over an hour. Less expensive than I would have guessed.

C

Colt45

roverdawg said:
Had mine replaced (HSE). A heated, rain sensor, LR3 windshield cost me $713 + tax to have installed. Took a little over an hour. Less expensive than I would have guessed.

roverdawg - thanks for the info. Glad I got a low insurance deductible for my windshield glass - - Did your LR dealer shop do the work, or was it an outside glass company that did the installation of the new windshield ? Regards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM