Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With some Audis, we could adjust the calculations for error using a programming tool. Lots of folks did so on the forums. Just estimations, make of the computer readouts what you will. I still calculate each tank the old fashioned way on every car.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your probably right, but in the end none of us by this type of vehicle if we are concerned about gas mileage. Since the computer readout is indicating better MPG's maybe i'll just go with that and feel better. lol

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ping! How about some updates to this?

What are you LR4 owners seeing for MPG now that you've had it on the road for a while?

Thanks!

aesopian

Reaction score
Combination city / hwy - 15 mpg

Testing out someone's recommendation of using Command Shift to improve mileage during city driving. I'll provide some input after further testing.

aesopian

Reaction score
I cheated on today's test. Was on the highway at speed when I reset computer.

Distance - 50 miles
Avg. speed 66 mph
Avg. MPG - 22.3

Windy conditions, medium traffic, large portion of the wind deflected by other vehicles or highway dividers.

aesopian

Reaction score
Highway mountain driving in Colorado, a little 4-wheeling with some city driving

17.4 mpg - automatic

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1400 mile since purchase

14.1mpg
average speed 20mph, mostly city around town driving.

Actually it's not the mpg that bothers me but the shot distance between fill up does. Barely 250mile or so? My Prius can go 500mile between the fill up and all other cars I owned did minimum 300 or higher. oh well..

Last edited:

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3000 miles since purchase - mixed hwy/city, mostly auto with a little Sport/Command shift thrown in for fun, 15.3mpg.
Yesterday, 110 mile round trip, 90% hwy driving, 19.3mpg. Speed a little slower than normal (cruise control at 68mph) due to rain, that probably helps!
Mostly using middle grade (89 rating) gas, not premium.

zgaspen

Reaction score
LR4ME....19 mpg I think is fantastic. Outside of weekends who knows where for activities in the summer, I'm all mtn hwy everyday. Was your calc from the car or an actual read filling up at the tank following your trip?

one payment left on my lease, so down to the wire on a decision on lux...

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZGAspen - yeah, I must admit, that is the number from the onboard computer. I haven't done a lot of manual calculations to see how accurate the car's mileage calculations are, but the couple of times I have it seems pretty close, a little more optimistic than actual, but close enough...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72