Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finding the highway mileage ratings amusing sometimes. Many think of highway driving as being most efficient. Which it probably is if you drive 55-65. ;-) I tend to drive average 80 mph on these interstates in the West and at least for me MPG falls off significantly at that speed. Not like stop and go city driving but definitely a lot less than if I was driving 60-65. I may change my practices and drop it back to 75 average. Maybe even a bit lower. And just chill out a bit. ;-)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recent tank that so far has been mostly highway with an average MPH of 65 has been showing a 20.8 MPG on the computer.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to avoid going over 80 on the LR4. It's a brick, so anything faster than about 60 mph is going to make fuel economy dip and it's not nearly as stable as other cars I own or have owned.

I generally try to go 70 mph.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished two decent road trips.

Trip A was 100% highway, 65 average mph (my cruising speed is typically 75mph but this includes stops, starts, tolls, etc...), 20.4 MPG on computer but actual math was 19.1 MPG.

Trip B was 80% highway, 20% city, 40 average mph, 18.4 mpg on computer but actual math was 16.5 MPG.

The trip computer is designed to lie to us.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trip computer is designed to lie to us.

Idk if it is really suppose to lie to us. I just don't think it is very accurate when it comes to measuring strong acceleration and this throws off the numbers. Plus maybe it weighs too heavily when the vehicle is not having the accelerator applied at all.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that too, or about 9 to 10 mpg when towing. I love it.

My boat gets worse.
I think I can go about 250 miles on a fill up. The only other thing I am adding to my LR4 would be a rear bumper, so that will bring it down slightly. After that, I should be all set.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112