1791 Navigation Hack and NEW 2008 Map Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only offer you my experience with the 2007/8 disc since I hacked it over a year ago and it's still on my car now. I noticed no routing bugs or glitches here in SoCal, and I use the satnav daily for business. I get the feeling that, by hacking the disc, as an unintentional bonus you also avoid introducing the routing bugs reported on the 2007/8 version! :biggrin: All you gain by hacking the DVD is updated maps and POIs, while the interface and - I assume - routing calculation "logic" remain unchanged. It's when you run the loading.kwi file that the interface and routing speed improvements of the later discs are implemented in the system, possibly along with the bugs reported... Just my guess, though.

drewman75

Reaction score
Hi All. So it looks like the last version that can be hacked for the 1791 is the 2007/2008 update, part # 6H42-10E898-BB. Does anyone have any idea where one can get their hands on this version? Googling that part number and searching on eBay comes back with no real legit options. Any one know of maybe a Land Rover online accessories shop or something that has back versions? All the places I am familiar with do not sell any nav discs. Thanks.

mhb907

Reaction score
2009-2010 Navigation Map Update

Has anyone found a way to keep the 1791 hack with the 2009-2010 updated navigation disk (part number 6H42-10E898-BD)?

andrewnorth

Reaction score
I have a 2006 RR sport supercharged. I would like an updated nav dvd with the code. How do I obtain this?

ubp_sanity

Reaction score
I just got an '06 a few weeks ago, it has the factory nav DVD in it still.

It doesn't have a lot of the roads I use, and there has been a lot of changes to roads since then as well.

I want to order a new DVD to replace the factory one, anyone know if I can order the newest '09-'10 disc? or should I be looking for an older one? I'd be looking to do the hack to keep 1791 code enabled.

zekewhite

Reaction score
2008 Range Rover HSE Nav hack

Do you still offer a way to by pass the accept screen for the nav system?

Bond. James Bond

Reaction score
Anyone has some piece of new nowadays ?

Im owner of an european MY06 ( bought on April 2005 ) still playing original DVD, but it is very obsolete.

A DVD 2009 2010 for europe, I hacked , had the kiwi file. I was not successfull on hacking it.

Suggestion to have updated European Maps but not killing 1791 .
Best Regards

Maximilian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72