2005 Lr3 Hse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaded...

Do you have any idea how much it is worth. I think I'm done with "The Land Rover Experience". Today my 2 year old little girl got to ride to the train station with the roof leaking on her (they said that they fixed the leak 2 weeks ago) . I called my shop and the service guy told me they wouldn't have a loaner until Wednesday. When I said, "but it's suposed to rain hard for the next two days"... he yelled at me.

Anyway... If you have a thought on this I'd love to have it...

2005 LR3 HSE Tonga Green / Alpaca
Loaded
14k miles
7 seats

Looks perfect...

Thanks!

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
Loaded...

Do you have any idea how much it is worth. I think I'm done with "The Land Rover Experience". Today my 2 year old little girl got to ride to the train station with the roof leaking on her (they said that they fixed the leak 2 weeks ago) . I called my shop and the service guy told me they wouldn't have a loaner until Wednesday. When I said, "but it's suposed to rain hard for the next two days"... he yelled at me.

Anyway... If you have a thought on this I'd love to have it...

2005 LR3 HSE Tonga Green / Alpaca
Loaded
14k miles
7 seats

Looks perfect...

Thanks!
Askewed, Why not start here ??

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.umd?kbb.OH;;OH099&44505&&;;uc;suv&Land%20Rover

Cheers
John

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you're 'askewed' now, just wait til you see the bath you have to take when you try to sell it! I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to prepare you. Not to mention that anyone who wants to buy it will probably want to check the dealer records...oh boy!

It will also have a lot to do with the state of the economy wherever you are. Here in Michigan (50th best economy, or #1 worst!), you couldn't give one away. My lease end buyout is a tick over $30g. I've figuring retail on mine w/30k - SE, no 3rd seat - will be about $24-25g.

Yours? Again, depending on where you are I'd guess $39-$40g retail and $5g less for trade-in. I think K.B.B. is high.
I couldn't feel worse for you (as someone I don't even know) for your LR experience. A little annoyance is a LR 'tradition'. But yours goes so far beyond that it's sick, and the worst part is trying to get anyone at LR to care.

Good luck,
(If I were you, I'd get a nice used LandCruiser)
Roverman

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words...

I'm thinking I'd be lucky to get 35k for it. Today after the anger of watching my daughter sit in a wet car seat passed... I realized that this is a huge no-win unless I trade it on something significantly chaeper and stay with that vehicle long enough to offset the 20k drop in value my LR3 has experienced. The ***** is that I'll losose the 20K, third row, head room, comfy ride and on (you know the things the extra 20k buys you). I saw one of those Toyota Fj things today and all I can say is that the guy that photographs those things for print ads is a genius becuase it is way smaller then you imagine it. In the end I wouldn't know what to buy... Maybe I'll go the other way and get a Yaris...

L

lr3junkie

Or you could the on the opposite of the spectrum and look at the new MB GL.

Not sure that this is a solution, but have you tried using another service department? It is a shame that you experienced a rude service person. Suprising, since they get rated and bonused on the satisfaction scores.

24Hours

Why not a fast, safe, fun, AWD wagon. Some even come with a stick shift!

I love my V70R and it's useful for anything from a day at Lime Rock, to 8" of snow. Forget about "offroad" use, though as the clearance is low. And you'll find the market to be favorable. I think you could trade nearly even-money for an '05. Mine has a third row too.

Just food for thought.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Took the truck to a different dealer... No resolution yet but they're being very nice (and I'm not used to that) ...

woodmews

Reaction score
The GX470 does not have a full third row. It is a Jump seat and they are always there like in the old Discovery. Not practical if you want a third row, that is why we got the LR3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99