2005 Lr3 Hse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodmews

Reaction score
Try the new MB GL. But it is very pricey about $1100 per month to lease

X

xcursion

I would recommend the Audi Q7, Volvo XC90 (if you don't mind the age), MB GL and maybe the up-coming X5.

L

lr3junkie

According to the press releases, it is going ot have a third row. I have to question the design. They are taking cues from the car line up.

X

xcursion

I also doubt the practicality of the new X5's 3rd row seats. My guess is that it will be sort of a seat suitable for kids. In term of space and ultility available right now, only the MB GL can compare to LR3s. But Audi and Volvo should have better quality than LR and MB.

F

FloridaLr3

Do you begin the lemon process by sending the defect notification to the manufacture. Once you do that you don't have to follow threw May help you get a better price on the trade in.

D

dishsoap1

My 96 Disco Will Leak In The Cabin After A Car Wash. All I Do Is Get A Rag And Wipe It Up. Doesn't Effect My Opinion On My Truck. If I Had An Lr3 I Definitely Wouldn't Want To Sell It For That Issue. The Dealer Will Eventually Fix It. Hell, If The Tires On My Lr3 Just Randomly Fell Off While Driving, I Would Just Stop And Put Them Back On. And Maybe Put A Raincoat On My Daughter. I GUESS YOU JUST HAVE TO ACTUALLY BE A "LAND ROVER ENTHUSIAST" TO UNDERSTAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SeaRover

how many kids? i have a 5yro daughter. just picked up a spanking new 2006 jeep rubicon unlimited. the back cargo is plenty big for our 70lb dog, and the rear bench is perfect for a booster seat and child. i've found a company that makes bucket seats for kids (mastercraft), and am busy preparing to remove the rear bench, install a rear bucket with a 5-pt harness and then an Engel fridge on the drivers side, bolted to the floor right beside my daughters bucket seat.

I like to do alot of back-country travel with my family and off-roading in general. My daughter thinks the jeep is fun compared to the jag and old rangies. she's fine now with pushing the seat forward and getting in and out of the vehicle herself.

great off-road, acceptable onroad ... there's so little to go wrong that i'm loving it after owning two older range rover classics. fwiw. just sharing my recent experiences! I briefly looked at the LR3 and decided that for 20k more it was missing two solid axles, a front locker, and only had half the gearing i really wanted for off-road work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99