2006-2007 GPS DVD Update - 1791 Hack Found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. There is no LR part # in the ABC123456 format? Where did you get these? I've never seen anything like that. There is no way North America would consume 8 DVD-ROMs!

Last edited:

spatterso

Reaction score
I think he meant 8 sections on a single dvd that have to be chosen from the nav screen. Only one disc, though.

vq6shadow

Reaction score
Nope. I mean 8 discs. I have discs 5 & 6 which cover the midwest & ohio valley, New England and the mid-atlantic states. I'm going to try the mid-atlantic states tomorrow and I'll let you know how they work. I just hope it doesn't take away my hack.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I mean 8 discs. I have discs 5 & 6 which cover the midwest & ohio valley, New England and the mid-atlantic states. I'm going to try the mid-atlantic states tomorrow and I'll let you know how they work. I just hope it doesn't take away my hack.

Are you sure they are DVDs? That sounds a lot like CDs to me. My Audi uses a CD based system that only has a single region per disc.

Hope it works!
Rich

vq6shadow

Reaction score

IDIOT OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!

One should pay attention to whether their system is DVD based or CD based. I unfortunately did not do this, therefore I am the IDIOT OF THE WEEK!!!!!!! I purchased CD's for my DVD based nav system and now must hope the kind fellow that sold them to me will take them back. My apologizes for starting this topic.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIOT OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!

One should pay attention to whether their system is DVD based or CD based. I unfortunately did not do this, therefore I am the IDIOT OF THE WEEK!!!!!!! I purchased CD's for my DVD based nav system and now must hope the kind fellow that sold them to me will take them back. My apologizes for starting this topic.

It happens. Good luck on returning them - hopefully the guy will be understanding.

-Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo