2006 LR3 SE7 Would Not Brake..... Looking for answers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

Well, I for one am interested to see what they find/report to you. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

L

LR3_WA

I had this happen on snow !

Hi - I'm glad to hear you experienced this without getting hurt or hurting anyone else !

Awhile back I posted that my LR3 would not stop on a decent with a little snow on the ground when I had the traction response system set on 'snow' mode. But when I went down the same hill with the same snow in 'norm' mode the truck would stop half way down the hill no problem. The first time I think I cr@p'd my pants as I was heading to a busy street with my foot to the floorboard on the brake and the damn thing kept rolling. Finally coming to a stop when the hill leveled out.

It sounds like the same thing was happening with the anti-lock brakes engaging and then releasing.

Do you know if you accidentally hit the traction response system or the decent or if it was a computer system burp ?

H

Houm_WA

My only input on this is that, as you said you were "standing on the brake." If you did this in snow, WITHOUT the ABS kicking in, I think you would fare even worse (than with the ABS). So, I'd say give yourself more time to brake in snow/ice, as you are supposed to, and get used to the ABS...it feels different but it works better than brakes without Anti-lock capability.

L

LR3_WA

Houm_WA said:
My only input on this is that, as you said you were "standing on the brake." If you did this in snow, WITHOUT the ABS kicking in, I think you would fare even worse (than with the ABS). So, I'd say give yourself more time to brake in snow/ice, as you are supposed to, and get used to the ABS...it feels different but it works better than brakes without Anti-lock capability.

The anti-lock brakes were kicking in. They were just too sensitive and wouldn't allow the truck to stop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99