2011 LR4 Audio controls and Touchscreen not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pmnovak1

Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 with about 110k miles on it.

I've had issues with the steering wheel controller for the audio controls for about 2 years now. Sometimes the buttons work, sometimes they don't.

Recently, the actual touchscreen started acting some. Some times I will press on a specific preset station and it will press a different part of the screen. Other times the touch screen won't work at all.

Anyone else have similar issues? Is there a way to "reboot" the software or have the dealer re-flash the entire system?

Thanks, Paul

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very rare and intermittent issue with my 2011 LR4 HSE that was similar to yours. At times the screen for audio sources would freeze and no sound would come from any source. Toggling the power button had no effect, nor did stopping and restarting the engine. It seemed to take care of itself after I'd park and leave it for awhile. I never did identify the conditions that triggered it or resolved it.

Chalk up another one for the "It's a Land Rover Thing" folder. Sorry that's not much help but I wanted you to know that what you're experiencing may not be that odd among the owner community.

I have a '13 LR4 now and I haven't had that issue...yet.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Follow that dude in that link and enter 753 as the pin. You'll get a diagnostic screen and there should be a touch screen test button. Fool around with it. Somewhere there is a calibration option for your touchscreen. It's kind of self explantory. You'll figure it out.

Pmnovak1

Reaction score
I don't have the same system. I believe mine is the newer one. I'll try to see if pushing on the top works for my version.

jamesdchang

Reaction score
I've had the same issue as cperez and also had to just turn my car off and restart. Usually that fixed it.

@Pmnovak1: does this usually happen after you get a car wash or clean the screen? I had another car that had the exact issue you're describing and i found it to be caused by the cleaning fluid the car wash folks were using.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72