2012 LR4 Slow suspension leak...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
Seems to take a couple of days but the front end drops first - then the rear - over 1-2 days.

First thing to check for a leak?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure each corner hub to fender height. Pull EAS brain fuse(F26E) or leave a door open to prevent self-leveling. Let sit until there is measurable differences. If one corner sinks most, one axle both sides, or entire truck equally, is three different possible issues. Report back the findings and how long it took to sink.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my front block for 2nd time....If that is the problem, then best practice is to also good to rebuild the desiccant in the air compressor. The desiccant beads tend to pulverize into a fine powder that gums up the blocks. I just did that too ;-)

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a related note, has anyone found a good source for the "voss" connectors that screw the air lines into the blocks and struts?

Dealer charges on those is nuts for what they are, so I am scouting around for another supplier.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO: I have also been meaning to find a repair splice kit. If anyone has a suggestion what/where to buy, I appreciated it.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO: I have also been meaning to find a repair splice kit. If anyone has a suggestion what/where to buy, I appreciated it.

Two double-ended quick couplers that are sized appropriately (I think it is 6mm) a few feet of tubing and a sharp knife is all you need.

Green Oval Experience in AUS used to sell one, but I am sure you can source the couplers from somewhere domestically, as well. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh; The LR couplers are $20ea. Finding alternates that rated for upto 200psi is not easy.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one side note - if you determine you have a bad valve block then you don't have to replace the whole thing (yes its easy but overly expensive) you could just buy a replacement o-ring kit (sold by britishpartsofutah.com) and possibly others as well...kit fits perfectly and you can rebuild all three valve blocks for something like 25 bucks. The only real wear items in the blocks are the o-rings and its a fairly easy process once the valve blocks are removed - just a few screws and something to clean off the dessicant dust on internal pistons with...it takes maybe an extra 20 min. per block

https://www.britishpartsofutah.com/Range-Rover-Sport-LR3-LR4-Valve-Block-Seal-O-Ring-p/rcrvhk.htm

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a related note, has anyone found a good source for the "voss" connectors that screw the air lines into the blocks and struts?

Dealer charges on those is nuts for what they are, so I am scouting around for another supplier.

I know arnott sells them separately as I accidentally lost one when I replaced my fronts - I believe they are the same thread size as the stock struts (haven't verified if they fit the stock blocks) but it would be a pretty easy source to check and carry the proper psi rating for the system. I found a couple on amazon but they turned out to be cheap chinese garbage...kept them for a trail fix if I was desperate and would probably work to get me home but doubt they'd hold up for long after that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM