2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have pics of the lr4 yet, but here is one from last night. Maiden voyage in 200+ miles of this:

IMG_20130226_215222.png

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That road looks so stark... almost Artic Circle-esque. Can't wait to see more pics.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are so spoiled in southern cal. I cant imagine living near the great white north and not having a true 4x4...i guess you get used to it. Great action shots of driving the rover home. Nothing like the first few weeks with a new car....kind of like a new girlfriend :)

Enjoy!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have pics of the lr4 yet, but here is one from last night. Maiden voyage in 200+ miles of this:

IMG_20130226_215222.png
Wow - that's so stark and awesome. What a way to "bond" with your new LR4!!! :)

Here in NorCal we don't have those conditions, well except a few hours East.

I can't wait to see photos!!!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are so spoiled in southern cal. I cant imagine living near the great white north and not having a true 4x4...i guess you get used to it. Great action shots of driving the rover home. Nothing like the first few weeks with a new car....kind of like a new girlfriend :)

Enjoy!
Same here in NorCal.... :)

I love your comment about a new car being like a new girlfriend - so true!!!

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here in NorCal.... :)

I love your comment about a new car being like a new girlfriend - so true!!!

Its very true. Sadly it also applies when things go wrong. Looking back at it, when my jeep developed problems within the first 500 miles and was eventually lemon lawed, there were certainly elements that reminded me of past failed relationships!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its very true. Sadly it also applies when things go wrong. Looking back at it, when my jeep developed problems within the first 500 miles and was eventually lemon lawed, there were certainly elements that reminded me of past failed relationships!
Hahaha! :) Looking at photos of the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee definitely would be a failed relationship to me!

I love my LR4, but I am sort of itching to get a 2013. I guess married guys experience that with their wives - haha! (just kidding, kinda) ;-) I am lucky though, my wife encourages me to find her a sister wife. ;-)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of notes from my trek in the blizzard last night.

Before the storm really got going, i was driving a newish rental Nissan Versa to the dealership. The wind was moving it all over the road and the noise was pretty bad from the wind. The rover, on the way home, was very quite and I dont recall the wind ever really moving it around even though I know it was just as windy or worse. The semi-tractor trailers were swinging around and I saw at least a dozen of them in the ditches along the way. (I probably saw 35+ cars in the ditch on the way home).

The auto windshield wipers worked really well! I was expecting them to suck after reading the forums, but they did fantastic in sleet, snow, and just splash from passing trucks, etc. I never felt the need to adjust them.

The infotainment system and screen in general on the 2013 is amazing. The response of actions is basically perfect. The 17 speaker system sounds fantastic. Best audio system i've heard in a vehicle. Any type of music works great. Talk radio (howard stern, etc) is very clear. I even took a few phone calls on the bluetooth and it was very clear and the other end said I sounded like i was on the handset.

Pretty much the only issue I have is my wife's vestibular disorder is giving her issues with the heated windshield lines. I may be having a standard windshield put in and loose my heated one. Sucks, but the wife can't look out without her eyes forcing focus on those lines.

I also didnt get a loadspace cover with my car (HSE Lux no less)... so im not sure what the deal is with that.

I spent better than $900 getting the damn thing tow ready. Tow electrics (with programming, ***) and the tow bar. Didn't even get a tow bar or ball yet. Kindof a ripoff.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also didnt get a loadspace cover with my car (HSE Lux no less)... so im not sure what the deal is with that.

My dealer threw it in for free because I was ****** about them including the RSES I didn't order in my build, otherwise the loadspace mat is not included.

PS: Do you mean the roll-up cover? If so I misunderstood, sorry. That one should definitely be included, regardless of trim.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer threw it in for free because I was ****** about them including the RSES I didn't order in my build, otherwise the loadspace mat is not included.

PS: Do you mean the roll-up cover? If so I misunderstood, sorry. That one should definitely be included, regardless of trim.
I think he means the load space cover in the cargo area? The one that rolls in and out?

mbw, you should have received that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635