2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of notes from my trek in the blizzard last night.

Before the storm really got going, i was driving a newish rental Nissan Versa to the dealership. The wind was moving it all over the road and the noise was pretty bad from the wind. The rover, on the way home, was very quite and I dont recall the wind ever really moving it around even though I know it was just as windy or worse. The semi-tractor trailers were swinging around and I saw at least a dozen of them in the ditches along the way. (I probably saw 35+ cars in the ditch on the way home).

The auto windshield wipers worked really well! I was expecting them to suck after reading the forums, but they did fantastic in sleet, snow, and just splash from passing trucks, etc. I never felt the need to adjust them.

The infotainment system and screen in general on the 2013 is amazing. The response of actions is basically perfect. The 17 speaker system sounds fantastic. Best audio system i've heard in a vehicle. Any type of music works great. Talk radio (howard stern, etc) is very clear. I even took a few phone calls on the bluetooth and it was very clear and the other end said I sounded like i was on the handset.

Pretty much the only issue I have is my wife's vestibular disorder is giving her issues with the heated windshield lines. I may be having a standard windshield put in and loose my heated one. Sucks, but the wife can't look out without her eyes forcing focus on those lines.

I also didnt get a loadspace cover with my car (HSE Lux no less)... so im not sure what the deal is with that.

I spent better than $900 getting the damn thing tow ready. Tow electrics (with programming, ***) and the tow bar. Didn't even get a tow bar or ball yet. Kindof a ripoff.
The whole towing thing with the LR4 sucks - they really rip you off and it's a poor design.

I've known of several people who have had to replace their heated windshield with a standard one because the lines affect them badly.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, I dont mind the windshield at all and think its a neat feature, but if its going to make my wife dizzy or sick... not a hard choice to change it.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the windshield heater works great, I live in WI, on both my LR4 and my wifes LR2. In my opinion is just a matter of getting used to it. I don't see it anymore, but my wife did complaint about it for a week. The thing is, when you have the need for it, it is just worth it!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the windshield heater works great, I live in WI, on both my LR4 and my wifes LR2. In my opinion is just a matter of getting used to it. I don't see it anymore, but my wife did complaint about it for a week. The thing is, when you have the need for it, it is just worth it!

For most people it is just a matter of getting used to it. I dont have an issue, but she has a vestibular disorder: http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

"""Discomfort from busy visual environments such as traffic, crowds, stores, and patterns.
Tendency to focus on nearby objects; increased discomfort when focusing at a distance."""

So, for her, its not a matter of getting used to it. #themoreyouknow

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For most people it is just a matter of getting used to it. I dont have an issue, but she has a vestibular disorder: http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

"""Discomfort from busy visual environments such as traffic, crowds, stores, and patterns.
Tendency to focus on nearby objects; increased discomfort when focusing at a distance."""

So, for her, its not a matter of getting used to it. #themoreyouknow

Interesting! Thanks for the info! Learn something new every day.
Last week, my winshield was hit by what felt like a bullet or a small meteor. It hit just in the right spot that created a chip and what looked like a tiny crack. I called my insurance company, since I have full windshield coverage with no deductible, and they tell me that "chips" repairs are not covered! Yadda Yadda Yadda, thanks to the snow and the WS heater it is now a 11" crack. So instead of a $100 repair, they are going to write a check for $1100.00 to replace it. Go Figure!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer threw it in for free because I was ****** about them including the RSES I didn't order in my build, otherwise the loadspace mat is not included.

PS: Do you mean the roll-up cover? If so I misunderstood, sorry. That one should definitely be included, regardless of trim.

Hello Umbertob...

I have yet to experience the extended leather in person. What does it feel like? What does the supple leather across the dashboard feel like to the hand? And instrument cluster cover and armrest? I must find one to pet at the dealership.

LR34

Reaction score
I think he means the load space cover in the cargo area? The one that rolls in and out?

mbw, you should have received that!

I wish the loadspace cargo cover (roll up) was included in the 2013 LR4. I bought a 2013 LR4 HSE a few weeks ago and noticed the next day that it did not have the cover. I called the dealer and they said it was not included but could be purchased separately (the sales person quoted a huge cost even for Land Rover). I contacted Land Rover corporate and the response was:

"These are not standard any longer from 13MY LR4 - but can be purchased and fitted separately via an authorized LR Retailer -- part numbers below:
LR018337 (ebony) or LR018338 (almond) approximate MSRP $236.00 plus installation"

I bought one used (looks new) off of ebay for $70. Being the handyman that I am I was able to "install" it by myself. I probably could have negotiated it in the deal if I would have noticed it during the sale.

I guess the low $200 sticker price increase on the LR4 from '12 to '13 had to be made up somewhere. However, they did throw in that cheap $3 cargo netting for free. The LR4 is great, so no big deal ( I only knew about the cargo cover because I had an LR3 a couple of years ago. ).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the cargo cover with my MY13 (lucky, I guess), which I promptly removed... Can't stand those things, so they usually come off and collect cobwebs in my garage until it's time to sell or trade in the car. I can't believe Land Rover makes you pay for it now.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Umbertob...

I have yet to experience the extended leather in person. What does it feel like? What does the supple leather across the dashboard feel like to the hand? And instrument cluster cover and armrest? I must find one to pet at the dealership.

The dashboard looks and feels great, it's actually thickly padded leather every bit as soft as the Lux seats. It "looks" and feels expensive to the touch, I love it. The armrests, window sills, door pulls and instrument cluster cover look good as well (the stitching in particular is a nice touch on windows sills and cluster), but are nowhere near as thickly padded as the dash. Too bad because I drive with my elbow on the window sill all the time, a little extra padding there would have been nice.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just read the whole thing...night LOL

good stores and info!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635