2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So right now I'm extremely happy that I have an LR4 headed my way. I just can't see the design concept in these pictures fitted with an expedition rack, an ARB bumper, winch, etc. And inside it looks to "slick" for what I the Discovery means to me.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, I have a tough time visualizing the brute look and feel as well as accessories for off road.

***... remote control driving... thats nuts!!!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the remote driving is if you need to go through a particularly dangerous shelf road and you don't want to be in the truck if it happens to go over the edge. Or maybe if you don't have a spotter or the invisible bonnet option you can get out of the car and "spot yourself" through the difficult patch.

To be honest, why do this if you already have an RRS?

Maybe the "no terrain" unconquered means the terrain on the moon?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, it looks exactly as I thought it would, but a bit more like a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango mated with a Ford Explorer.

The technology is amazing, but I hate it. A lot. Sorry, I am old (approaching 40 in a few years) and crotchety and set in my ways about what a Discovery should look like and it's not part of the "new age of Discovery".

I am keeping my 2013 LR4 for a long time. I know I read about a possible "off road" Discovery in 2017, but I have no hope. None.

I am still going to cling to the hope that they will bring a real Defender to the US in 2017 and it will be a box and iconic in looks and capability. I know the turbo diesel is not a reality, but we can always dream.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the remote driving is if you need to go through a particularly dangerous shelf road and you don't want to be in the truck if it happens to go over the edge. Or maybe if you don't have a spotter or the invisible bonnet option you can get out of the car and "spot yourself" through the difficult patch.

To be honest, why do this if you already have an RRS?

Maybe the "no terrain" unconquered means the terrain on the moon?
No, it's the mall underground garage or the soccer field parking lot.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. It looks like every other mall-crawling SUV on the market. I want to see a picture of what it looks like with the rear hatch open and the seats folded. No way those seats fold flat for a continuous loading deck like in the current LR4.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're basically thirty-something and "old"? Now I'm depressed, never mind the car...

LOL! And I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I can make my LR4 last until I die since I won't want to buy a Starship Disco. :proud:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4