2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the second row will slide forward/back somewhat, similar to the X5. It's an awesome feature actually, it allows for more second row leg room when the 3rd row isn't being used.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way the backs of those seats look does not make me think that they will fold completely flat.

Also, the rear window is straight across the bottom. It does not dip down with the classic shape of the Disco/LR 3/LR4.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the second row will slide forward/back somewhat, similar to the X5. It's an awesome feature actually, it allows for more second row leg room when the 3rd row isn't being used.

Sliding middle row seats is a great idea. I have it on my Acura MDX and had it on my Lexus RX. Provided they retain the superior 3rd row leg room (compared to my MDX, the X5 and the Toyota LC/Lexus LX. Which they could do. What I like about this feature in my MDX is that I can also shift the middle row backward and forward when it is folded. This allows me to load stuff on the floor behind the front seats should I choose to. (The MDX floor goes flat which is also nice. I wouldn't want them to end up with a non-flat floor in the cargo area like other vehicles.)

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone in the comments of the Jalopnik article posted this based off a Ford Explorer:

663701693399235498.jpg

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone in the comments of the Jalopnik article posted this based off a Ford Explorer:

663701693399235498.jpg

That's pretty good! Lord I hope its more original than that but I don't mind the current Explorer. If it wasn't a Ford and was more capable off-road I would consider it.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could superimpose that silhouette onto almost any current SUV. It won't look like an explorer. I remember when the last-gen FSRR came out people were wringing their hands about how it looked exactly like an explorer. That didn't last long. LR has shown itself to be very capable of excellent design, with the evoque, new RR to a lesser degree, and new RRS, probably the best of the three. I'm optimistic the LR5 will look good.

simjet22

Reaction score
if the next gen discovery looses all or most of its capability, my next truck will be the next gen ford f-150 w/ all aluminum body and bed.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the next gen discovery looses all or most of its capability, my next truck will be the next gen ford f-150 w/ all aluminum body and bed.

I have a 2013 F150 platinum along with my LR4...it's a very comfortable and capable vehicle and an absolute road warrior for family trips. The rear seat room is limousine-like.

Last edited:

simjet22

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F150 platinum along with my LR4...it's a very comfortable and capable vehicle and an absolute road warrior for family trips. The rear seat room is limousine-like.

my friend has a 2013 f150 lariat and its a smooth ride, also very capable

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score

663701693399235498.jpg
I am waiting to see what the "final" production design is. I hope LR is good to their design. Otherwise my 2012 LR4 will be a keeper for quite a long time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635