2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freelander will be called the Discovery Sport, it will be new for 2015. The larger Discovery (LR5) won't be out until 2017. The world car fans people are incorrect.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freelander will be called the Discovery Sport, it will be new for 2015. The larger Discovery (LR5) won't be out until 2017. The world car fans people are incorrect.

Your confidence sounds as though you have inner sanctum knowledge???

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"the test mule pictured here is actually the new baby Defender that's set to replace the Freelander."

Baby Defender, really? The press is more confused than we are. :biggrin:
Hahaha!

If that is indeed the "baby discovery", then it looks exactly like an Evoque mixed with a RRS. From what back, I almost can't even tell the difference between that and an Evoque???

Actually, from the side, it looks like a Dodge Magnum mated with an Evoque.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the member of the Facebook page Land Rover Owners posted 2 pictures that she took on the A5 of what seems to be the same vehicle which is most likely the new Feeelander/LR2/BabyDiscovery.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they will keep lr2 and lr4 in the discovery line up(unchanged) and will be releasing a redesigned defender as the premium discovery line up in 2015. All three models will be discovery.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick video from TFLcars new LR2...
http://youtu.be/n92NYQp0i6s
If that really is the new "Discovery Sport" or "LR2", then our suspicions about design are correct. It looks a lot like a smaller RRS and Evoque molded together. I hope the full-sized Discovery is not just a larger version of that design.

Looking forward to seeing what becomes reality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM