300tdi won't fire up after top end overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kieranahall

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right Direction. I've just replaced the head gasket and valve seals on my 300tdi discovery 1 as well as giving everything a good clean and once over.
Having put everything back together again it turns over but won't fire up. I'm new to the discovery but quite handy with mechanics in general.
I have bled the fuel system at the filter /return pipe and have good squirts at all 4 injector unions.
Glow plugs all working as they should.
Good battery
I have a 12v switchable supply to the fuel solenoid as the spider is faulty.
All valve clearance were adjusted according to the Haynes manual and the engine turns over fine with compression on all cylinders.

The motor ran fine with loads of power before overhaul but was noisy and head gasket was leaking a little oil hence the overhaul.

My compression tester is the push on style which isn't accurate enough so going to buy the proper gear tomorrow just to double check the compression is as it should but after that I'm stuck.

Would appreciate any advice
Kieran

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4