$340 for an oil change!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't actually gone to them and got a final quote, but he did say on the phone that the price quoted included Synthetic ... I've priced filter (probably not OEM) from Amazon and Mobile One from Costco and I came up with around $80 to $90 cost on my side (before investing in a MightyVac) ... if it's truly $120, with synthetic, I'll probably give him a try. I only drive the LR4 around 7K mi/yr

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience (mostly with non LR dealerships) serviced departments, they will charge you a low bit and not do the work. I have had marked my own filter (I used to use an ink pen and write the date of install on it) and when I or my wife would get from dealer, after a full oil/filter service, the same filter was there. Had this happened in European, Japanese, and American car service dept. So I do it myself and only have myself to blame if I screw up.
For the LR, I would use a small amount of wax, like a small wax seal (candle) on the filter housing and check if after the "change" they have broken the seal. Just a thought....

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 215 was just for the oil, everything else was under warranty.

I asked for all TSBs and software updates to fix a few issues, including the subwoofer not turning on issue. So far so good.

2013 LR4 HSE Lux w/ rear e-diff, RSE

15k OR 1 year. whichever is first.

Also, an update. The subwoofer issue was not fixed with the software update. Bummer.

Sucks you haven't resolved the sub issue. I have the same problem with mine! It's certainly software related though.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually $340 for an oil change sounds reasonable compared to the $1,300 (yes that is thirteen hundred!!) my dealership was trying to charge for changing ONE air spring

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't actually gone to them and got a final quote, but he did say on the phone that the price quoted included Synthetic ... I've priced filter (probably not OEM) from Amazon and Mobile One from Costco and I came up with around $80 to $90 cost on my side (before investing in a MightyVac) ... if it's truly $120, with synthetic, I'll probably give him a try. I only drive the LR4 around 7K mi/yr

The LR4 uses a very specific Castrol oil that runs ~$10 a quart.

I use Mobil 1 0W-40 on my Mini and my Porsche but the LR4 has different requirements. It might seem annoying but I am not risking voiding my warranty over that.

Kamguy

Reaction score
Aristocrat Motors, the Rover dealer in Kansas City, Kansas did a synthetic oil change on our LR4 today for $114 including tax.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM