'95 discovery oil pan removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmeinerz

Reaction score
I have a '95 Rover Discovery and all is well with the exception of a leaking oil pan gasket. I have the Aluminum V-8 Buick motor. Can I take the pan off without any other considerations?
I purchased a $75 shop manual and it doesn't even refer to the oil pan in the index or on any page of the book - amazing!
Pat - Colorado

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't remember off the top of my head (on a friends computer this week) but I believe you have to remove the 'Y' pipe to take off the oil pan.

http://www.landroverresource.com/ free repair manual that should tell you what to do.

pmeinerz

Reaction score
Joey,
Thanks for the response. I did go to the PDF Manuals . . . both of them give the bolt removal and install sequence and dipstick removal but never mention anything else. I'm hoping that removing the Y pipe is all there is to this task and that the pan clears the crank counterweights and oil pump without lifting the engine up. The typical remove and replace process is definitely missing in these and my hardback manual.
If and when you get back to your computer I would appreciate the complete answer on this.Thanks,
Pmeinerz

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635