a few more questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesusfreak2111

Reaction score
First off. I want to say thanks for all the comments. You guys are great. And I am loving the first few days with my disco. I just have a few more questions. I was looking at my dash a little more today, and noticed 2 buttons to the left of the steering wheel. They have what looks to be a hill going up and a hill going down with a plus and a minus symbol? What do these do? Also? I filled it up today with mid grade, went past when it cut its self off, and the engine would not idle on its own. It would crank right up, but not idle. If I would hold the gas it would run fine, but get off and it would die. After driving it for a few miles. It started to idle for its self again. It this because I filled it too full? Thanks in advance. Also, the cruise button light comes on but when I hit it on the steering wheel, the cruise does not work still. What to check?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Cruise may be a vacuum issue or the plunger that holds the throttle linkage may have a hole in it... start with the vacuum lines starting at the pump (behind the drivers headlight) check all start stop points for cracks, trim or best to replace the vacuum lines if they are cracked.

Left side of steering wheel will be the radio volume and channel changing buttons.

Mid grade first is not the best choice (I am sure others will disagree, but the cost difference per tank is not much and it equals out in fuel economy, if you can say a LR has that) Always buy the best grade of gas they sell if 91, 92, 93 or 94 get the highest option.

Sounds to me like you may want to start looking at the plugs and wires, maybe a full tune up. To make sure it isn't something silly like a set of garbage spark plugs. Always buy Cheap Champions for a D1 and Platinum for a D2. Any thing else is a waste of money (again others will have their opinions, I just spend too much time helping and working on them, so I know what does work)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112