A New Alternator for my D1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably too late to reply, but I thought my alternator was going south, and it turned out the battery had gone bad. Had you already replaced it? I took the battery in for the load test, and it failed. I was happy, tho - battery is a LOT cheaper than alternator. BTW, what do people think about getting replacement parts off E-Bay? I know it's definitley buyer beware, but I've had good luck so far. I have seen alternators on EBay.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hey Summer! What's up ? Yes I have been checking ebay as well. I have seen a lot of alt's on their but most of them had been used. I plan to keep looking though. I just too bought a new battery that is why I was thinking that I might be needing a new Alt. Thanks for the info!!
Melissa

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello RoverChic! I really want a Mean Green alt. for my D1 too! If it's anything like my Mean Green starter it will be money well spent! As far as how long does an alt. last? I have seen many alts. go 2 to 3 hundred thousand mi. in our service fleet. 387,000 hard miles on the alt. in my last service truck before replacement.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I was on DWeb last night and I saw a post by ( Rupp) that the LR alt should put out about 14V to 14.5V.. Mine is not doing that . The post said anything less and it needs to be replaced? Mine is @ 13.8V...Is it time ? BTW: THE tire is fixed .. no issues just needed to be aligned.

D

discomike

So much for the tire, how is your neck???
As for the battery, 13.8 is a little low but it is not junk either. How is your battery holding up? Any slow cranking issues, brown headlights or anything?
Before you trash the alternator, you s=hould have it and the battery tested, worse case you may just need to replace the alternator brushes, nealry cheap too.
Sorry I missed your call.
Mike J.

D

discomike

Intake manifold could be leaking at the rear of the engine, so could the heater hoses.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike i think you meant to answer in other thread ;)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry guys -- I realized after I migrated some posts into a new thread that lots of people were on, and reading this thread! The new thread is called "Coolant Leak Update" or something like that.

Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72