ABS light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 95 Disco the ABS light would go on and off while drivivg, also once in a while backing up and braking the ABS would cycle (peddle pulse). Found one wheel sensor that backed out 1/16" others ok. Reseated sensor, now ABS lights on full time. Question, how do you reset the system to make the light go out? No open wallet with dealer please, Carl............o&o>.................

D

Dominiq

Re ABS Light

This light is on all of the time in my 95 Disco; the shop cleared the fault but the light stayed on.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl, on old Discos you can just unhook battery for night to get most of things cleared up. Also ABS actually may reset itself if fault is cleared - i had ABS come up on one of wheeling tours after i fought it with my life (it tried to engage antilocking on very steep rocky descend and i didnt agree with it )- so ABS stoped working, lit up light. After i finished trail - i aired up, turned truck off, and light went away upon restart.

However before doing that - i'd took abs sensor out and clean it with cloth. Those little buggers are pricey to replace and can get fouled pretty nasty. Also check connection on sesnor's plug. Be VERY carefull when prying sensor up b/c LR actually suggest to replace O-ring each time. However i pulled mines out quite a few times without doing it - just gotta mine ze rubber.

Of course to do whole thing properly you may need to get ABS code. But most likely its just fouled sensor. I doubt you done something terrible to it :)

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABS sensors, dirty only i hope

Sergei, thanks for the tip, i'll remove and clean later as i'm up on stands at the moment with the 5-speed all apart. Later, carl......o&o>........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99