Aftermarket hid/xenon headlights for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avraja

Reaction score
Need some help in purchasing the Philips lamps, My manual for 2010 says
Halogen 55(H7)
Xenon 55(D3S)
Fog lamps 55(H11)

I want to replace the low beam, high beam and fog lights with something white not the HID upgrade kit but the cheaper Philips option. What lamps should I buy ? Appreciate any pointers.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help in purchasing the Philips lamps, My manual for 2010 says
Halogen 55(H7)
Xenon 55(D3S)
Fog lamps 55(H11)

I want to replace the low beam, high beam and fog lights with something white not the HID upgrade kit but the cheaper Philips option. What lamps should I buy ? Appreciate any pointers.
You want to get H11 for the low beams and fog lights and H7 for the high beams.

-David

avraja

Reaction score
You want to get H11 for the low beams and fog lights and H7 for the high beams.

-David

I replaced both low and high beams with Philips and its much better now. Thanks for the tip on what to purchase. Project this weekend is to install the running boards.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced both low and high beams with Philips and its much better now. Thanks for the tip on what to purchase. Project this weekend is to install the running boards.
Great! I am glad I could help.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
followed the instruction here and ordered the DDM kit on my 2010 LR4 for low beam

but won't turn on

any suggestion?

juhness_lr4

Reaction score
Hi , just replace the stock low beam on my 2011 LR4 HSE and only 1 headlights will work. the passenger side is working but the driver side is not. I tried exchanging the bulbs and the Driver side works on the passenger side lamp. I also tried using the passenger side ballast on the driver side but still same problem. . I bought a 8000k lamp with 35w ballast. does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fixed this issue. thx

Imasoldier2

Reaction score
Hello,

I am also having trouble. I ordered the Kensun 55w H11 6000K kit. I am having the same problem as junhness_lr4 ^^. I've confirmed both lights work. When I install, both fire upon start and then the driver side dies, passenger stays on. If I flip them, only the passenger side fires at all and then shuts off. I tried hooking the system up with the relay harness and they don't fire at all (bad ground maybe?).

Are most people finding that they are having to use the relay harness?

Our stock halogens are 55w, would there be any difference with powering them by using the 35w? I would prefer 55w as the highways here are very dark.

Any thoughts?

max2105

Reaction score
I've installed the 55W H11 5000K kit from Kensun USING A RELAY WIRING HARNESS AND AN ERROR/FLICKER CORRECTOR and it works like a charm.
Having a proper connection to ground is essential as it is the root cause of most electrical related problems.

I used the passenger side H11 connector as the input signal to the relay (driver side disconnected) and the relay output powers both ballasts. Many of these "inexpensive" relay assemblies have very poor quality connectors, including those for +12V and Ground so I cut some of them off and made my own better and improved connections. That could be your problem....

MRRoverPNW

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 LR4 a couple months back and was disappointed when I learned it didn't have "lux" headlights if I bought the headlight housing from a lux LR4, do I need to have Land Rover reprogram the headlight or is it just "plug and play"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM