Am I Crazy? Just received a "used" product.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles123

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I just received the tow hitch receiver ordered from online website (that I'd read got good reviews). Well I'm a little ******. Came in a generic box with the product. It's used, dirty, didn't come in a box, no instructions, nothing!

Again, it's clearly used!
What the f**k......

Last edited:

tmcgraw

Reaction score
:( This is the kind of stuff that makes me sad. It's why I generally advocate getting your parts not from the cheapest source but buying 'cheap' parts from a reliable source (parts stores where you can see someone or some place that is a solid part of the Land Rover Community). Internet reviews can be made up by people who have a vested interest in a seller.

See if you can return it, make sure you read all the fine print of the place you bought it from, they may have something in writing that protects them, but don't ACCEPT it if you thought you were getting something new and received that.

Good luck!

EDIT: As a 'oh by the way' Keep a look out for those kinds of parts on places like eBay and Craigslist especially where people are selling 're-manufactured used' parts. They're using a wording trick to get away with saying something was used, you purchased it used and they sold you a used unit so it's all legit. eBay had this problem years and years ago and a lot of their auctions now have the settings for how used or new an item is such as 'new in the box never opened' or 'new no tags'. Where there is a will there is a way in the scammers world though! :(.

Last edited:

Charles123

Reaction score
:( This is the kind of stuff that makes me sad. It's why I generally advocate getting your parts not from the cheapest source but buying 'cheap' parts from a reliable source (parts stores where you can see someone or some place that is a solid part of the Land Rover Community). Internet reviews can be made up by people who have a vested interest in a seller.

See if you can return it, make sure you read all the fine print of the place you bought it from, they may have something in writing that protects them, but don't ACCEPT it if you thought you were getting something new and received that.

Good luck!

EDIT: As a 'oh by the way' Keep a look out for those kinds of parts on places like eBay and Craigslist especially where people are selling 're-manufactured used' parts. They're using a wording trick to get away with saying something was used, you purchased it used and they sold you a used unit so it's all legit. eBay had this problem years and years ago and a lot of their auctions now have the settings for how used or new an item is such as 'new in the box never opened' or 'new no tags'. Where there is a will there is a way in the scammers world though! :(.

Thanks for responding. Apparently this was sent by a 3rd party, a Land Rover dealership. I would imagine that certified pre owned/leased turned in with valuable/expensive parts, like the tow hitch receiver are removed. They then sell it to internet websites etc, you get the idea.
I just can't believe they couldn't clean it, find a LR box to put it in, and a set of instructions... to make appear new lol. They just chucked it in a box and away you go!
Internet company is getting me a new one.....

tmcgraw

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Apparently this was sent by a 3rd party, a Land Rover dealership. I would imagine that certified pre owned/leased turned in with valuable/expensive parts, like the tow hitch receiver are removed. They then sell it to internet websites etc, you get the idea.
I just can't believe they couldn't clean it, find a LR box to put it in, and a set of instructions... to make appear new lol. They just chucked it in a box and away you go!
Internet company is getting me a new one.....

Wow, I can't even imagine a dealer doing that! We would be strung up where I work at haha. We sell 'em as they're traded-in.

I do work at a bit of a higher line dealer though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM