And Bing goes the light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, truck was owned in CA before, thankfully. After TX it may have them shotgun marks all over the engine compartment :)

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Well that little bling is gonna cost me 200bucks :hmpf: I guess, it has been diagnosed as a drive cycle leak? What the heck is that? I love it, I bought an extended warranty :deal: , well we all know how reliable these cars are, but of course like most things it’s not covered! :mad:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive cycle leak? *** is that? Sounds like a pub crawl triathlon :biggrin:

Is that a transmission problem?

Muddyone

Reaction score
Its funny, in order for it to be covered under warranty it has to be broken, I guess throwing a code doesn’t count……… they consider it to be an adjustment? :dontknow:

Muddyone

Reaction score
Ok so I got the car back couple of days ago, had a couple of problems other then the check engine light being on. (Light was a drive cycle leak C in the intake manifold, which they had to plug?) Woulda cost me over 200 bucks for the drive cycle repair, as well with a coup holder in the back that has malfunctioned a couple of times (I have been trying to get this fixed 3 or 4 times, I think they just stick it back in instead of fixing it. they say its not covered as it’s a trim item…… how wrong they were), so looking at a bill over 300bucks. Dealer told me I have to cover it even though I have bought an extended warranty, they said if its not broken the warranty company wont cover it, the dealer likes to say that, it just needs adjusting and that I have to pay for it. So I decided to call the warranty company myself, after speaking to them they said they had not even been contacted by my dealer and that they would have no problem in covering these repairs.
So I guess now when I bring in the disco ill have to double check all their work just to make sure they are doing their job instead of footing me with the bill.

Seems kind of odd to me that the dealership, not the warranty company, is making the decisions on what is covered and what is not covered?

Got to drop the car off again, one of the door locks has gone on it ( all locks have been replaced already, going for a second time again), figures the day after it’s in, I wonder if I will have to contact the warranty company again or they will do their job properly this time.

Last edited:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Need to be REALLY careful with those extended warranty(s) folks. READ THE FINE PRINT.. 9 times out of 10 all of these little sensors that our LR have are not covered (i.e. the TPS, FTS, VSS, ECTS, 02 sensors...ect ect). In fact after my LR went out of its factory warranty I could not even find a company to warranty mine..Except this one guy but he wanted an arm and a leg like 3000.00 plus an additional 100.00 for every time I brought it into the dealership. Just my 0.02 cents.. If at all possible buy a LR from the dealership and get that 100K mile warranty thru LRNA, fully transferable to the next owner for 50.00 ..Well worth the bling bling. In hind sight, I am ever so regretful that I did not buy it.

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa - you can still buy one.. I was quoted about 1.100 for mine.

Tar - you can always call your warranty company yourself and ask whats the deal :)

Muddyone

Reaction score
Well...... the light is back on again :mad:
lets see what it is this time :hmpf:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was younger I was a pub crawl triathalete, but have never heard of a "DRIVE CYCLE LEAK". Could that be a canadian Rover dealers way of saying:"We have no clue as to what the problem is, or how to fix it, but we really need to try to screw You & also the warranty co. if at all possible. My .02. Good Luck. LRW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM