Annoying Squeaking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBRover

Reaction score
All of a sudden I have developed an annoying squeaking noise that is difficult to diagnose. I hear the noise at speeds under 30 mph... sounds like something needs oil? No relation to touching brake pedal. Noise is also erratic.... does not occur all of the time. That is the frustrating part! Heard today after car was driven, sat for about 30 minutes then drove away from parking spot. Wonder if it could be related to the parking brake sticking? Or some other issue related to brakes? Did not hear it when car was cold and first started out on my errands. Car was in recently for service and I had the lower control arm replaced. Have also had the right front inner and right rear tie rods replaced. My LR4 has 90,000 miles and I try to keep in top shape so this is a bit frustrating. This may be one of those "hard to diagnose" issues for the dealership. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks......

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing I'd do is check out the brake dust covers and make sure one isn't bent in to just touch the inside of the rotor. That can be intermittent, but usually you can make it occur by turning one way or another. You might see a light scoring on the rotor if this is the culprit. Being that they did some front end work, something could have got bent a little.

GBRover

Reaction score
Thank you. Will do. Is it common for the brake dust covers to get bent? Appreciate your response!

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen when going over bumps, or just driving along flat road? Sometimes bushings can do this, and they just had your front end apart so one might have got pinched upon re-assembly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM